How To Apply R1 Coatings™
R1 Coatings™ application is quick, simple, and can be applied right from your own home. Just follow our 6-step process and watch this video to see how it's done.
Any polishing or paint correction should be completed before applying R1 Coatings™. If you're happy with the condition of your finish, make sure your vehicle has been thoroughly washed and dried. When applying a coating, wear protective gloves. Your vehicle should be out of direct sunlight and in a well-ventilated area with good lighting.
- Clean the vehicle surface with R1 Coatings™ Prep to remove any remaining polish, wax, and surface contaminants. Mist on and wipe off with a clean microfiber towel.
- Starting with a small section or body panel, drip product along the length of the applicator block and apply in a cross-hatching pattern.
- Depending on conditions such as temperature and humidity, wait 1 to 3 minutes for product to cure or until there is a visible rainbow haze.
- Using 2 microfiber towels, use one to remove excess product and the second to polish to a clean shine. Be sure that all excess product is removed as any remaining product will be permanent.
- Repeat process, panel by panel, until entire vehicle is complete.
- Vehicle must be kept dry for at least 24 hours to allow product to fully cure and harden.
For added protection, a second coat can be applied. Wait at least 1 hour between coats.
To enhance protection, apply R1 Coatings™ Revive after 45 to 60 minutes of application or at any time after curing. Application is quick, simple, and recommended to use 2-4 times a year after washing.